From the bridal shower to the wedding ceremony and your honeymoon, many events around your wedding require you to look your finest. For lots of brides-to-be, being hair-free is a big part of this.
Since they’re cheaper and faster, we understand how you would turn to conventional methods, like waxing and shaving. But then again, why not grab the opportunity to find a long-term hair removal solution? This way, you will be at your sexiest for the upcoming years of love and marriage.
To help you decide what’s best for you, we’ve prepared an ultimate guide to laser hair removal, including laser post care tips!
Table of Contents
Do’s and Don’ts after Laser Hair Removal
Laser post care involves taking care of your skin to prevent irritation. Since it’s a long-term solution to unwanted body and facial hair, it is equally important to ensure your skin is smooth and free from irritation.
Schedule your appointment accordingly.
Laser hair removal will take a couple of sessions before you can get the desired results. So do schedule your last session at least a month before. This way, you won’t be all red as you walk down the aisle.
Do your research.
It would help if you researched how hair removal lasers work, depending on the skin colour and hair type. For instance, some lasers work on finer hair, while others work on coarse hair better. If you do that, you will get the desired results for your wedding day.
You can choose a clinic with a good track record. It’s your big day! Don’t waste your effort and money on clinics that do not deliver. Choose a clinic with trained professionals and a good track record. You can visit the clinic’s social media accounts or profiles for reviews from their previous clients. It’s better to be sure of receiving quality results at a higher price than looking not your best on your wedding day.
Do know that hair removal isn’t permanent.
Laser hair removal works by reducing and slowing hair growth. However, it’s not a one-time treatment and needs your dedication. Regular touch-up sessions may be necessary once a year or every few months to remain completely hair free.
Do know that hair removal lasers are not entirely painless.
In most cases, laser hair removal causes minimal pain and discomfort, especially when compared to other hair removing methods like waxing. Some people describe the sensation as being snapped by a rubber band. Of course, the pain level will depend on your pain tolerance and the area being treated.
How to properly take care of your skin after laser hair removal
Laser post care is crucial to ensure your skin will not get irritated and you’ll have the smooth and radiant skin you want. Here’s what we recommend:
- It’s normal to have redness and bumps after the session. Consult with your technician about aftercare.
- Apply a cool compress on the treated areas for several minutes. You can use a clean wet washcloth or an ice pack wrapped in a paper towel. This helps reduce swelling and pain after the laser hair removal treatment.
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Avoid coffee or drinking too much alcohol, as these can dry your skin.
- Apply prescription creams as directed by the doctor. The cream will help minimise any discomfort, pain, or swelling.
- Protect your skin from the sun since it will be extra sensitive after the procedure. Don’t let your skin stay out under direct sun exposure. After a month, you can apply sunscreen to the area every day.
- Don’t touch the treated area until the scabs fall off; wear loose-fitting clothes for about two weeks.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet to keep the skin healthy and nourished.
The Aesthetics Centre
The Aesthetics Centre is your go-to location for smooth skin and hassle-free treatment. With so many spas and clinics offering laser hair removal in Singapore, you’ll need a place that ticks all the boxes for effective treatment. Our equipment and personnel possess the highest qualifications to meet your expectations. Here, you’ll find a team committed to providing you with premium treatments!
Call us at +65 6820 3308 or +65 6820 3309 to book an appointment with Dr Anita Soosay today.